What do you mean by Employee State Insurance Registration?
The purpose of establishing Employee State Insurance Act, 1948 is to protect the life and livings of workers which may come in danger due to illness, accident, permanent physical disablement, death of the workers etc. and may result in loss of salary or earning capability of the workers. Medical facilities are also provided by such act to the employees of the organization. Employees whose monthly wages or salary is Rs. 21,000 or less are compulsory required to obtain registration under Employee State Insurance Act through online.
Such Employee State Insurance (ESI) is a self financing social security scheme and was previously applicable to the factories only in which only 10 or more persons are employed but now the scope of such scheme has been expanded and is now applicable to each and every establishments in which 10 or more persons are employed and are earning salary/wages up to Rs. 21,000 per month.
Total contribution shall be 6.5% of the gross salary i.e. 4.75 % contribution by the employer and 1.75% contributions by the employee. Funds collected under this scheme are monitored by the Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) and has to overlook the provision of medical and cash benefits. Employer is required to obtain registration under this scheme within 15 days from the date of incorporation. Administrating and supervising the hospitals are the duty of the state government. There is completely online process of registering under the Employee State Insurance. All the main cities has huge coverage of Regional offices, dispensaries, and hospitals
Followings are included in the packages
- Consultation on Employee state insurance.
- Registration of Employer and Employee.
Which Establishments are eligible to obtain registration of Employee State Insurance Corporation?
Following establishments are included:
- Shops & malls
- Hotels and restaurants services excluding manufacturing activities.
- Establishments of newspapers
- Roadside establishments of Motor Transport
- Institutions of Medical and Private Educational.
What are vital roles played by the Employee State Insurance Corporation?
Medical care and immediate dependents to the workers are also provided by the Employee State Insurance Corporation Act
Advantages to Employee
Social security is provided by the Employee State Insurance to employees to secure the life and living of employees which may come in danger due to sickness and any type of injury and can result in loss of salary or earning capacity of an individual.
Advantages to Employer
Employee State Insurance Corporation bears all the expenses where the employee suffers from disability or sickness. Therefore an organization which is registered under this act secures the liability of the organization which may arise from any mishappening at the office place or outside the office place.
The amount i.e. Employee State Incorporation (ESI) Contribution must be credited to the Government account before 21st of the following month.
Explain the benefits of registering under online Employee State Insurance Registration in India?
- Employee State Insurance provides the complete medical benefits to the employees of the organization.
- Under this Dependents are also form part of the Act;
- Employee State Insurance (ESI) Dispensaries/Hospitals are easily accessible to provide medical care to the employees.
- Disabled person’s needs are also considered under this act.
- Reimbursement of payment shall also be done.
What are the steps to register under online Employee State Insurance Corporation in India?
Applications/forms to be filled:
Employees’ per–registration list as well as Employee State Insurance application shall be prepared by us.
Unique employer code shall be approved by the regional office and additional documents can also be demanded after the submission of application for Employee State Insurance (ESI) establishment code.
It generally takes 10 to 15 days to obtain registration.
Which Documents to be submitted for Online Employee State Insurance Registration Process in India?
From all the Directors and Shareholders.
- Form 01 for Employer's Registration which may be obtained from the office of Employee state insurance.
- Date of Joining and salary amount of employees are required to be submitted along with the list of minimum 10/20 employees.
- Certificate of Incorporation/Partnership Deed as applicable along with the Memorandum of Association (MOA) & Articles of Association (AOA).
- Permanent Account Number Copy.
- Bank statement copy.
- Registration copy of Good & Services Tax.
- Copy of Factory/Shop & Comm. Establishment Registration.
- Copy of registration obtained in any other act.
- Each employer are required to file declaration form along with the 2 passport size photographs.
Which steps are covered by the Employee State Insurance Corporation?
Applications for Registration of Employee State Insurance
Application in Employer’s registration Form (Form 01) is required to be submitted to the relevant regional office within 15 days of whenever such act becomes applicable to the Factory or establishments. Along with Form 01, Form 03 (Return on Declaration) is also required to be submitted.
Code number which is a 17-digit identification number shall be provided
Employees are required to submit the Form 01 along with the 2 copies of family photo to the Relevant ESI Branch Offices and employers.
Insurance number is also allotted to the employees for the purpose of identification under this scheme.
Temporary Identity Card
Identity Card which remains valid for a period of 3 months is issued to the employees for the medical benefit his / her and for his/her family.
Permanently Photo Identity Card
Form 01 and 2 copies of family photo needs to be submitted by the employee to the employer and to the Branch office of the Employee State Insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions about ESI Registration
Such act imposes the statutory responsibility on the employer to obtain registration under this act within a period of 15 days from the date of applicability of this act to the factories or the establishments.
Yes, irrespective of the wages and type of employment of the employees, the factories or establishments are required to obtain registration under this act.
Reasons of why one should go for registration under ESI are mentioned below:
- Firstly its provides complete medical care to employees;
- Employee’s dependents are also included in this act and
- Under Employee state insurance (ESI) registration if the number of employees in units/ factories/ establishments exceeds 10 in number then it becomes mandatory for the employer to apply for Employee state insurance registration.