Employees' State Insurance (ESI) is an Indian Employees' Social Security and Health Insurance scheme that is an independent corporation governed by Ministry of Labour and Employment. This ESI Fund is managed and regulated by Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC). All entities listed under ESI registration are required to file half-yearly ESI returns.
Applicability of ESI
The ESIC extends to all establishments with 10 or more workers and supports all employees earning INR15, 000/- or less per month as salary. Employers have to pay 4.75% and the employee needs to contribute 1.75% to ESI.
Benefits of ESIC
The Employees enrolled under ESIC have the right to receive medical treatment for themselves and their dependents, unemployment cash benefits of disability and maternity leaves for women employees.
How to file ESIC return?
Following points needs to be considered for ESI Return:
- Log in to the Employer Portal using the 17 digit Employer digit code.
- Then navigate to the section of Monthly Contribution.
- All the information of the contribution of the employer can be seen.
- Next you need to verify the details.
- Complete the dues if there are any short payments in respect to employees.
- Under monthly contribution section, do self-certification, then check the declaration and submit the return.